Piazza Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour 19
62032 Camerino Italy
Università di Camerino, Facoltà di Medicina Veterinaria
Recognition status :
EAEVE European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education
RCVS Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
The School of Veterinary Medicine was established in Camerino in the Papal States under Pope Leo XII, after the Constitution Quod divina sapientia 1824, and Ordinationes Sacrae Congregationis Studiorum of 18 August 1826. Initially, studies were arranged as Camerino veterinary school veterinary low. This school, called second-class, was founded within the Medical Faculty. With the unification of Italy veterinary studies were reorganized under a unified plan. By Regulation Mamiani 8 December 1860 were recognized as High Schools of Veterinary Medicine only Turin, Milan and (with the Royal Decree of September 24, 1861) Naples. All other schools (including Camerino) were defined secondary schools. The Veterinary School of Camerino retained that name until 1882 when it was converted into a School of Veterinary Medicine (of which he was activated, but only the first two years) and aggregated at the Free University of Camerino. Boselli The Royal Decree of January 29, 1891 established a single regulation for all the veterinary schools of the kingdom, but were excluded from this regulation Perugia and Camerino, since aggregated to free universities. In 1928 the course in Veterinary Medicine of Camerino was complete to cover all four years provided, and a series of Royal Decrees provided in 1930, has its own "statute" as other schools of Veterinary Medicine. The Royal Decree of August 31, 1933 imposed a uniform curriculum for all schools of Veterinary Medicine, Italian, transforming, starting from 1934, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at the Universities aggregate (in this case to that of Camerino). The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Camerino was suppressed in 1958 following the nationalization. With Decree Law 168 of May 9, 1989, after 30 years, under the Four Year Plan 1986/90 University, was re-established the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. The Department currently operates the only degree course in Veterinary Medicine and is the only reality of this specific training in the Marche Region, receiving flattering consensus for the special need for numerous municipalities and requests from students, as attested by the more that twice as prescribed.